Saturday, 6 March 2010

Phew! Ahead of Schedule

Saturday - and fearing rain later I tried to get the remaining bed dug over. Not as well done as the first couple, but at least it's all level and the major stones are out.


I also tidied all the dead leaves I've been scraping off and put them in the compost. I think it's the first actual garden material that's gone in there (all kitchen scraps and cardboard to date), as all of the first leaves I bagged up for leaf mulch. Still not entirely sure what my leaf mulch will do, just that it's a good thing and it'll be ready in a year or two.


The final shrub bases are in the car ready for the recycle plant, and I even used the new garden broom to clear the patio of all the dried mud before the rain comes and makes it a lot harder to sweep! More than I was hoping for, and certainly more than I was expecting to achieve this morning.

All I have left before hols is to put the sheeting down - for now it's time to clean up then off to see Huddersfield take on Gillingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment