Showing Em what I'd been up to while she's been away and she suggested checking how the first water butt was doing. Very surprised to find it's almost full already! Haven't had loads of rain so I presume that corner of the house gets a lot of the run off from the roof. Now need to think about an overflow.
I'm thinking of maybe putting another water butt above it by building a frame or something. The advantage of that would be that the water from a higher one could be transported straight to the beds. For now with the lower one I'll have to carry it up in buckets, or pump it up. Em suggested looking into solar pumps.
Either way we're due for heavy rain at the end of the coming week, so I may try and get something in place by then - most likely an overflow for now if I'm going to go down the pump route anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment