
I also remembered this afternoon that I intend to put boards in to separate the upper beds to prevent diseases spreading while using the rotation system - which is a key part of using the rotation system in the first place.
I did manage to get most of the log roll in place this evening. I had 2 log rolls, which I had to trim and join in the middle.

But it already looks good and still leaves space for kneeling down to sow, weed, and prune, etc.

There wasn't any easy way of attaching it, so for now I've settled for putting a few screws into the sleeper to prevent it moving backward. These are onlt stopping the bottom couple of cm, so it may well lean over at the top once the soil's in. But we'll see.

The soil is going to stop the logs falling forward, so that part should be fine. I've managed to affix it at one end to the sleeper, but not at the other, where I'm just relying on a couple of screws. So I'll have to see how that works too.
So next it's remembering to put the wood in to divide it up. Then back to the plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment